You can watch the public service announcements on the Millennium Kids Youtube Channel, here.
MILLENNIUM KIDS is a movement to inspire bold action toward achieving the Millennium Development Goals in the next five years. In any race it's the home stretch that matters most. Millennium Kids…Celebrating a good start, inspiring a better finish!
Millennium Kids are children born in the year 2000, the same year every United Nation country signed a global pledge to spare no effort to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) by 2015. Their lives provide a measuring stick for the progress of 192 nations collectively pursuing the MDGs by 2015.
Renowned artists, athletes and advocates will join together with thousands of Millennium Kids to share stories of hope and create change through story, multimedia, music and drama at Millennium Kids Unite Toronto and Millennium Kids Unite Paris 2012. These celebrations will inspire innovative youth participation and serve to remind global leaders of the public support that exists for the bold decisions now needed to achieve the MDGs by the time the Millennium Kids turn 15.
Over the next five years, Millennium Kids will encourage children and youth to participate in a global conversation. Through an interactive website that facilitates school programs, social networking and events, children will share their thoughts and ideas for achieving the MDGs.
The key objectives of Millennium Kids are to:
- inspire innovative youth participation in the MDGs through MDG stories of real-life transformation and hope,
- demonstrate to governments around the world the degree of public support for the bold action needed to achieve the MDGs by 2015,
- celebrate citizen and government MDG efforts and accomplishments,
- increase public awareness of both the MDGs and our commitment to fulfill them by 2015.
This is our chance.
MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS
- Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
- Achieve universal primary education
- Promote gender equality and empower women
- Reduce child mortality
- Improve maternal health
- Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
- Ensure environmental sustainability
- Create a global partnership for development
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org